Friday, October 19, 2012

GRABBING AUTUMN BY THE TAIL

I joined some friends for lunch at the local golf course. 
This view of Mt. Si from that place is different from
our front-window view:

What a day it was!
After lunch, I checked out a close-by waterway.
I was all alone, relishing the freshness of what was our last sunny day.
Here, I was leaning right over the pond to catch the reflections:


Ducks' wakes put a nap to the water's surface, but I like the rippled look of this reflection:

This is not great photography, but to me it represents all that is exciting about
this season. Wild things at leisure, brilliant colors, still waters, and (what one can't get from a photograph)  most importantly: the feel and smell of the air in a completely private place. 


I think I am going to have to have a talk with my new Fuji.  It gives back colors that are so blatant it looks as 
though I have "duded them up".  I do not like an artificial approach!
On the other hand, Fuji is right on, because this is what I saw with
my eyes, so I will be grateful.  There are other weaknesses with the camera, but they are mine, not Fuji's.

Again, from the golf course:

This may be it for autumn ramblings, as the wind and rain storms have started in earnest.
We even have our first "winter storm watch" for tonight.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Autumn/Fall may be my favorite time of year, and you have certainly captured the gorgeous scope of Fall colors. I've missed being able to be out, explore, and SMELL all of the wonderful autumn offerings; the office just is so sterile. Thank you for sharing something so beautiful to inspire and remind me . . .