Thursday, November 1, 2012

SNOQUALMIE FALLS

The rain had stopped on my way home from errands this morning, and since I had seen the fullness of The Falls on the news recently, I was compelled to stop by to experience it for myself.
But first, a stop to view the river before it tumbles.
"Still waters run deep" - really, really deep:


At last, The Falls is re-hydrated!  We had no rain for too many weeks, and it was 
down to an embarrassing dribble until recently.


When the Falls was not producing much, the nearby millpond (one of my favorite subjects)
had stilled completely, allowing grunge to grow on top.
It was my hope that with so much water now in the river, there would be the invisible but needful
undercurrent in the pond.  It has indeed cleared considerably:

Mt. Si has a more clear reflection now, 

and I am glad I stopped by, as the "colors" are all now burnished, fading
from vibrancy.

I love Autumn!

3 comments:

N Bjorn said...

The reflection shot of Mt Si on the MillPond, is my absolute favorite picture on your blogspot. It is perfect!
N.Bjorn

N Bjorn said...

The reflection shot of Mt Si on the MillPond, is my absolute favorite picture on your blogspot. It is perfect!
N.Bjorn

Lynda said...

Oh Wow! I think the first picture of Snoqualmie Falls from the upper view is the most beautiful one I have ever seen! It's amazing how these favorite spots can look so different from day to day. I wish I had the opportunity to go on some of these rambles WITH you!