Friday, October 19, 2012

ALMOST GOT AWAY FROM ME!

When I think of the ultimate in autumn tree colors, I think of the Northeast and upper Midwest , not really about this part of our country.  We have too many evergreens.
However, what we DO have are the same vibrant colors; they are just isolated from each other.

I always show our personal view of Mt. Si, but this is the first time I have pointed my camera across the pastures behind us, in the exact opposite direction:


Down the trail a bit:

Every autumn I return to the very same spot on Railroad Avenue, not far from where we live.
These grand old beauties put on a show year after year, and I can't resist recording it, even though I have multiple shots from the same vantage point.
I guess it is a rite of the season for me:

And so is walking on down to the railroad museum cars:

Same 'ole/same 'ole every year.
But I don't ever have the "same 'ole" feeling.
I LOVE making photos of this place.
I can hardly believe the intensity of the color taken by my new Fuji.
I am strictly a no-enhancement photographer, and I am almost embarrassed 
by the shock of orange in these photos.  But, that is what was there,
and that is what Fuji presented back to me:

I visited the railroad station area during a rainfall,
and I nearly stepped on this little scene when I got out of the car;
I thought it looked as though the leaves were preserved in plastic:



1 comment:

Nikki Cherry said...

Love all the beautiful Fall colors!