Friday, October 19, 2012

RAMBLE TO RATTLESNAKE LAKE

 I keep wondering how long the mild weather will hold off. 
Then, a couple of mornings ago, the dawn was foggy.
I rushed up to Rattlesnake Lake, hoping to see it muffed in fog.
It was not, but the weather changed several times while I was there!
Raining:

A sun break on Rattlesnake Ledge:
The sun turned the water very green:

Suddenly I heard a surprising sound. Since I was totally alone at the lake, 
it frightened me a little at first.
Right next to me, several robins jumped right in to have
a community bath.  But the first one was so puffed up that he didn't even resemble a robin.



I waited for the water to recover from the riotous bathing
at the very same spot:


After the rain and sun, the water turned sort of aqua:



No comments: