Tuesday, May 28, 2013

SOLO BACK-ROADS TRIP

During my Cousin Time I had reason to make a quick trip up to the Salt Lake
area by myself.
I left early on a cold morning on a day that was warming quickly, and was so surprised 
to see this that I had to turn around and get a closer look.
The irrigation sprinklers had just turned off in this field, but even in the direct sun, 
ice had formed to detail the wire fence.
The last of April, sun, and ice!


I took a break to walk around at an historic place: Cove Fort:


It is obvious that the original glass is intact, and I loved the wobbly reflection of the old stone-work:

In Provo, I caught this mid-morning reflection of the Wasatch mountains and an historic building:

On my return trip, I side-tracked my route to go through farm country in hopes
of finding history.
I surely did!  In Levan.  Farmers were happy to stop and talk 
to me when I showed interest in their barns and outbuildings which are now
over 120 years old:


Grape hyacinths could be generations old;  against old boards:

I liked the effect of new spring green popping through
this weathered, shadowy structure:


Prairie wildflowers and an abandoned corral:

2 comments:

pat said...

What wonderful side trips! I can just see you extracting anecdotes from the owners of those wonderful old barns and outbuildings.

MaryLou said...

You've really planted the seed for Fred and me to take this side road the next time we travel from Alpine to St. G! It looks so peaceful and into a time from long ago! Love it.