Thursday, May 23, 2013

PRELUDE TO COUSIN CAPERS THREE; Part 3; Las Vegas



We went to the Bellagio where the entire high ceiling of the hotel lobby is covered
in Chihuly original, huge glass flowers:



I was so excited to see all the colors from different angles of lighting that
I nearly toppled over backwards to take photos:

Another section of the main hotel is dedicated to different themes, seasonally.
While we were there, it was a Holland flowers theme, and
it was fun for me to single out different vignettes:


 Here in our own Pacific NW Tulip Country, I have never seen
this variety that has pink-stripes on the leaves:


Such vibrantly-deep blue hyacinths such as I have never seen:

Susie took me to a nearby shopping area called "Tivoli"
where we browsed a Farmer's Market and had lunch, outside, of course.
These reflections in 2nd-storey windows caught my attention as we were sitting to eat:




2 comments:

pat said...

Ooooh---I LOVE the ceiling at the Bellagio; one of my favorite parts. Anything Chihuly is stunning. Great reflection shot in the last one!

Barbara Kirschner said...

I have often thought of you in the Bellagio when looking at the glass ceiling! Isn't it amazing! So glad you got to see such wonderful sights!