Thursday, May 23, 2013

PRELUDE TO COUSIN CAPERS THREE; # 1: Red Rock Canyon

Such a bonus!
Since my flight to our Southern-Utah-based Cousin Capers terminated in Las Vegas
I had the opportunity to spend a few days with my dear college roommate who lives there, prior to meeting up with my 3 cousins!
It was as if I had a personal high-class guide to 5-star events and places; Susie took the responsibility of introducing me to special places very seriously!


Red Rock Canyon is located just minutes from Susie's home.
How lucky she is to live there, and how lucky I was to be taken there!

I really like the 3 different colors of rocks in this perspective:


I can almost still see the clouds scudding across this wide sky.
Such a place of unique beauty!


Just the opposite in color, but no less imposing are these sand stone walls, also part of 
Red Rock Canyon.
This was the home of the Southern Paiute from 300 AD, and earlier ancient
hunter/gatherers because it was a place of plentiful water, plants, and animals.

1 comment:

pat said...

Oh wow! Those cliffs in the last shot are stunning...the rounded shapes are so visually arresting to me. Really like the shot of the 3 different shades/tones/colors of rocks; it shows the variety.