Sunday, June 2, 2013

THE PAUSE THAT REFRESHES

I love the time when, after weeks of mist and rain, the sun eases itself into a day.  The sky is lovely, but the air is still barely-warm, and so refreshing, rather than a blast-furnace effect of all-out sun.
A couple of days ago, this happened right before dinnertime.
Out I went to the neighborhood nursery with camera in hand, and an appreciation for being able to inhale 
sweet, fresh air without getting wet.

New green against an antique machine:

I found this old hand-seeder amongst the bleeding heart:

Seedy character:

Okay, this peony is past its prime,
but it put me in mind of a saloon dance "girl", 
 blousy and painted, but still showing off with vibrancy:



Bee on Spanish Lavender:

Astrantia and the Bee.  Sounds like a title to a children's story:

A bouquet of metal:

These Foxglove were at the nursery, even though right now
they are in wild profusion along the trails:

Same with sweet Forget-me-Nots:

Backlit by the setting sun:

2 comments:

pat said...

SPANISH lavender, but pretty nonetheless. Funny, I was just there and did not see the equipment you saw. Did see the watering cans, though, and loved them.

MaryLou said...

What sights in a neighboring nursery! Although I loved every single photo, I really enjoyed the watering cans bouquet!