Monday, January 21, 2013

THREE MILE STRETCH

It is so exciting to be waking up every morning now for a week and a half to heavy, heavy frost and winter blue skies.  I would love nothing better than to be able to go out frost-photo hunting every day, but that is impossible.  When I can, I stop the car to grab a photo or two.  These little pics were on the road from our home on a straight line on the way to Snoqualmie Falls.

I am partial to monochromatic scenes in nature.
Parchment ferns outlined in frost:

Care to go wading?

Down the road from our home; another view of Mt Si:

At a road-side pond, Mr. Bachelor Hooded Merganser was going solo.
This was probably the last day before the pond was completely frozen over.

1 comment:

pat said...

Oh, I am so glad to see these! We were in luck that day with the moody wrappings on Si. Mr. Merganser looks very dapper; wasn't that a treat to see him?