Thursday, January 3, 2013

TEASEL TEASE

While doing errands in an area we don't usually frequent, I spotted dried teasel growing up against an immense retaining wall.  The wall was old wood and aged to many faded colors.  I had no camera, and the rain was spitting cold anyway, but for sure the spot went into my mental photo op file.

I returned a few days ago.  Surprise!  Up close, I saw that the teasel heads had their own variety of miniature lichen, covering them like winter caps.







 I finally found one with minimal lichen, for the effect
on which I had first planned: rusty old teasel against rusty old metal and wood:

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I don't know how you do it! You can make a "weed" look magical and inspirational. It's the way you "see" things - what a gift, and what a blessing to share vicariously. It is so much more powerful when you share the thoughts that inspired you as you snapped the picture. I am so grateful for the detailed beauty of the "little things" that bring balance and joy to life.