Saturday, January 19, 2013

SPONTANEOUS REACTION

A few days ago Pat and I were on an errand outing, not a photography ramble.  However, we are always armed with our cameras, even if they are just our Point 'n Shoot ones, as was the case here.
It was early in the morning, and we spotted a dormant Farmer's Market area coming to light as the sun slipped over the peak of the barn. All was frosty, and so lovely that of course, the "list" was put aside and cameras were grabbed.

Looking up:

 I have no idea what this rattly remnant belongs to.  It was the size of a golf ball, but looked like a sunflower, except for the foliage:







In all my forest rambles, I have never seen such a pristine example of snow-berry:

This is what snow-berry looks like most of the time:

The cause of it all:

Looking down:

I love this little piggy-back leaf:



Hand-rail on a fence.  Brrrrr; you'd better have gloves on!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Your macro pictures are always my personal favorites. The details are breathtaking! I am particularly drawn to the red and blue berries (another for my "collection"), and the snow berries. They just make my heart sing!

pat said...

Let's try this again! I love how we can be at the same place, and end up with such different viewpoints and photos. I really really like the shot of the red branches against the red barn, with just that little bit of sun-tipped frosty-ness caught in the branches. Lovely! Also like the one lone yellow leaf you found with the snowberries. And you were right; those snowberries you macro-ed were pristine!