Thursday, July 19, 2012

WATER. WATER: YES, EVERYWHERE!

... and it's all fresh!
Our first day's hike was in Ludington State Park, the Lost Lake Trail.
There are many, many lovely ponds, besides the Lake, and these next 2 photos are reflections,
looking like abstracts, which I love to try to make:






First of the multiple wildlife we saw that day:

On the return, we followed the Sable ("Sau-ble") River, which flows into Lake Michigan.
(I began to wonder if every waterway we saw contributed to Lake Michigan!)
These buoys are above a little dam, and I loved the complementary colors, showing so blatantly here: 

And this is the frothy movement just below the dam.
I was taken with how it formed marbleized patterns around the stones and pier remnants:

Up North, at the tip of Mission Peninsula is the little Old Mission Light.
(Lighthouses to come in future postings).
I couldn't get over how the water in front of the lighthouse looked as though it was low tide, but in fact, there are no tides:


One of our favorite beach places, the Bass Lake Outlet near where Pat's family used to have a cottage:

Pier reflections during the day:

And at night:

This posting ends with a sunset, and folks silhouetted during that "Golden Hour" on the 
Ludington  Light pier: 

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh Wow! Beautiful! The first three are definitely my favorites, I could look at them for hours to try to take in all of the details. The one with the prow of the boat is particularly appealing to me. So peaceful. You are truly an artist! Thank you!

pat said...

Oh, ML, these are wonderful! I know just where that boat was, and I can feel us there. Lovely shot of the breakwater and strollers with the sunset colors behind. And you know how I love the reflections....