Tuesday, July 24, 2012

MORE deLIGHTful HOUSES

This is the White River Light, which was erected in 1875:


Pat and I were charmed by its castle-like structure:

With the remnants of a sailing vessel that was perhaps not fortunate enough to see the light, or more likely one of those that met its end before the lighthouse was erected:


From inside:


And this, the Ludington Light in Pere Marquette Harbor.
It was erected in 1871:

It is a mile-long walk from the beach to the lighthouse itself, along the breakwater pier:

This particular evening, these shots were taken in that hour after the sun went down, called "the golden hour". To me, it was the "pastel hour".


Every evening when we returned from a day of adventure, the light at Ludington was like our own beacon to home:

This is the same evening, same harbor, but moments before the other photos were taken: 



2 comments:

pat said...

The Pastel Hour is the perfect name for the after-sunset glow! Love these---I feel like I am right there!

Lynda said...

I love the White River Lighthouse, not only because it is "castle-like" but I also really love its perky red roof with the flying angles.