Wednesday, July 11, 2012

PATHWAYS

Every day in Michigan, we hiked and hiked and walked and walked, and - lucky for us - it seemed we always had the paths and trails mostly to ourselves.  All the better to enjoy immersing ourselves in the moods of the different landscapes.  Unlike Robert Frost, we could travel any path we chose. 

Whether into the woods...



or through sand;



over water;



up high...

(representative of countless lighthouses we visited):

or unique (the mile-long breakwater path out to Ludington Light):

... each path we chose was a conduit to a new and beautiful adventure.

Even all the streets in Ludington (I put my hand over my heart with that word; respectfully like Mayberry to me) were lined in patriotism:

from morning...

... until after sunset. 
But like Robert Frost, we were free to "mark a path for another day"!

2 comments:

pat said...

Oh, ML---this is absolutely perfect!! I love the way you have grouped all our wanderings ways. I can feel myself on each one of them. I love that last shot--so perfect!! What a refreshing ramble.

Lynda said...

I love the theme of this post. This is one of your greatest talents: finding the link that binds and highlighting it with poetic words. You could be Robert Frost's contemporary! I particularly loved the orange bridge over the water. Spectacular colors together. How I would love to tread any of those paths with you!