Monday, March 18, 2013

JUANITA BAY #4

Morning sun back-lights a spent cattail:


We weren't expecting to see the painted turtles this early in the year, 
but there were several:


The weeping willow is dramatic in all its stages.
Here it is, just getting started on "greening up", just before the branches start drooping ever lower:



Barely discernible here is the ring of water indicating
a Bufflehead on its way to catch a fish.
I was going to pitch the photo because my shutter was not fast enough, 
but then I discovered the wonderful colors reflected from cottages and growth at
water's edge:

I love the song of the Red-wing Blackbird.
Even more do I love to see them.
Even more than that I love to be able to capture a photo of one, caught in singing!
A sp

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Oh wow! The Red-Winged Blackbird caught in song; how do you DO it? These are beautiful pictures; and I agree that the one you thought you would pitch is it's own beautiful "watercolor" work of art.