Thursday, March 28, 2013

DIVERSION

Last week we had a wonderful, unexpected snow event.
It started early in the morning, came down in silver-dollar-sized flakes, 
and built up about 4" of fresh loveliness.

I planned to go to the grocery store, which is only 5 minutes from home.
It was snowing hard.  It took me 2 hours to get there!
But, it wasn't from road conditions; it was because I 
took my camera with me!
The first-blooms of spring were bowed down under snow
and I just couldn't get enough of being close: 


Our own cherry tree:


New heather.
The shrubs were virtually glowing purple, as if lighted from within:

One single heather stem, about the size of a little finger:

My heart sang all morning (and I think I was doing so out loud too!) as I pulled off the road here and there
to get good perspectives of pastel blossoms and snow:

No comments: