Monday, May 16, 2011

GARDEN AT DUSK

Last evening I treated myself to another wander in Barb's garden.  To be able to do that morning and night - well, one could be stress-free, always!
I am enamored by, not only the color of agapanthas, but the budding process.


Occasionally a white agapantha dares to sneak out amongst the field of blue:
 This was one of my last shots in the waning light:
 Setting sun made for shadows in the folds of rose petals:
 Not much light left in the day to accentuate this refraction on a gladiola:

 Even thistles are lovely in the right light:
 Ahhh.... agapantha in the dusky light looks like it has been dipped in indigo:
 And this one, at pool's edge, looks quite Egyptian:
 Roses a-fire in the last light:

 ...and putting on a comforter when the light is gone:

2 comments:

pat said...

Oh---look at the rainbow of color that Barbara has in her garden!!! What a glorious spot (but I repeat myself). I love love love the last close-sup of the agapanthus buds--the blue/green combo is striking, and I love the feel the lighting creates. Lucky you to be able to spend even a little time in that oasis.

Lynda said...

Ahhh . . . truly exquisite, and a stress-reliever even long-distance. I'd love to fill my walls with these shots; a cameo of beauty as well as a visit with dear Barbara.