Tuesday, July 27, 2010

FROGS 'n FLIES and LUCK

Before leaving the lavender fields, I walked around the perimeter.  A reedy pond caught my attention, but as I approached the water's edge - something else really startled me: a sing-song "announcement" called out by multiple frogs as they plopped into the water.  The shot I have of this frog represents my first ever real "patient" stance in "waiting for the shot".  I figured if they jumped in, some frog, somewhere, would have to come back up.  I silently waited for My Prince.  I could hardly believe I might be able to focus on him once he surfaced - who could guess where that would happen?  I got lucky!
The "darning needle" (was more the size of a quilting needle) is also a lucky shot for me.  I have always wanted to get a pic of a dragon fly, but I am never where they are.  This miniscule version was shot without a macro lens, but I got a good focus.


1 comment:

Lynda said...

That's the catch with shooting wildlife, so much waiting and timing, just to have to wait to get home to see if you caught the right moment... I can't even imagine what it was like the "film" days! I hope to see more of these special animal moments, the frog pic is truly sweet and "characteristic", you can tell he just being a frog...

Brett