Tuesday, July 27, 2010

FRIDAY HARBOR LAVENDER FIELDS

Oh, yes - the lavender fields - the very reason we made the trip to San Juan Island in the first place!
Blue skies, blue, blue fields, blue water.




I loved the individual stalks hosting bees;  I loved the overall look of a purple wash from a distance, and I loved the rows up close, looking like scallops woven into a tapesty.




Oh no! A floral "fox" in the "fen" house!


As ever, I love too the anique farm machinery!  What a place to be "put out to pasture"!


1 comment:

Lynda said...

Lynda and I lived in Utah for almost 4 years, just a short drive away from one of the largest lavender fields in the western US, and we never made it out there! I so regret it, we both LOVE lavender, everything about it. We will definitely have to make it out to Friday Harbor, no putting it off this time...

I can't help it when i see crops of any kind growing, I am compelled to take a picture of it stretching out before me, I really like your touch of tilting the "row" in picture number 3.

Number 1 is the "postcard" pick of the bunch!

My fav is the last one, the contrast of the rough, weathered metal and wood with the soft newness of the lavender.

Wonderful shots!

Brett