Wednesday, June 30, 2010

SUMMER FLOWERS

Before the macro lens went on, I took the following pics just for the vibrant colors that surrounded me in the garden.
This Bachelor Button shows exactly why periwinkle is my favorite shade of blue!


This poppy seemed to be suspended, as the stem is exactly the color of  the backgound foliage:

I laughed to see this wild grass spearing the dandelion; both were interlopers in the cultivated gardens:

I always love spotting a bit of rusticity (if that can be called a word!)



Then, on went the macro lens for a closer look:
Daylily center:

I love the painted-look color of this daylily:

And here is that grass-speared dandelion, this time with macro lens:

This poppy center looks like it could be a sea creature:
This poppy might be my favorite, with the ruffled edges looking to be self-illuminated:

3 comments:

Lynda said...

Wow! The precision of detail in these photos is breathtaking! You have such a gift for framing the picture, too. As you say, the orange poppy looks like it is floating in its sea of green. My favorite here is the macro of the dandelion; looks like so many star points with centers of light. So beautiful. And you are so creative.

Laura B. said...

Very very nice. Delicious bokeh, both with and without the macro lens. Hard to pick a favorite here--but I am always partial to dandelions. That last poppy is wonderful! (Pat)

Lynda said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your macro work, you really are very talented at it. I have yet to see even a mediocre shot when you throw that macro lens on... no different this time!

Brett