Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A DAY IN FRIDAY HARBOR

A  little group of girlfriends who have photography as a hobby in common took a full day for an outing to San Juan Island last week. At the end, we dubbed it "the perfect day."  I wonder, since we have vowed to take other forays, if we should have a name; something like Lenscap Ladies, or The Photo Four.
Definitely not, I think, Darkroom Divas or The Overexposures!

Examples of my photos from that special day are here in the following 11 posts,
down through "Flies and Frogs..."
Once on the island, it didn't take long for us to spot a grand old barn.  Problem: it was very far off the road.  But, when it comes to capturing a barn, I am undaunted.  I practically forced the other 3 to approach the place, threatening to walk to it if I had to.  But how we all scrambled once given permission to open the gate!  We went in 4 different directions to lay seige with our cameras.




Almost always one can find treasures of forgotten barn relics nearby:

 
We made our own paths through chest-high thistles and weeds:

3 comments:

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

ML I will remove my lens cap and overexpose myself with you anytime! Indeed it was a most perfect day. I love your images and how organized you are to even have categorized them! I can't wait for the next adventure. :-)

pat said...

ML, love these images! You have a flair for grouping and organizing them in the blog entries. I enjoy that---and feel like I've taken the trip all over again. Kudos, kudos on Mr. Frog. What a fortuitous shot! Timing IS everything.

Lynda said...

I really like the second one, it seems to be rising out of the ground ominously. The pail on the fence post seems "quintessential" country-esque. Keep 'em coming!