Tuesday, April 27, 2010

CHANGING OF THE (SEASONAL) GUARD

Before the next rains hit, I spied this one last stalwart tulip in the garden.  The previous rain storm had left the other tulip stems bare, the ground littered with pathetic curls of faded color.
I wanted to get a photo of the  needle-points of yellow pollen resting on the black center of this tulip. 
I didn't even see the miniscule white spider taking refuge from the wind, deep down inside.
Click on photo to enlarge and see what you can see!


Even as this tulip was barely hanging on, in another part of the garden
baby pink buds are showing on the blueberry bushes.
These are as small as my pinky fingernail.
I hope they will hold tight against the storms!

2 comments:

pat said...

I noticed the spider without enlarging! THought he was being sly, didn't he? Love the blueberry blossoms--very nice shot! They look so delicate!

Lynda said...

Oh, so pretty! I love the depth of color on the tulip (and how did you get the background to be black?). It's always amazing to me how PERFECT God's creations are in their detail (even the spider, I suppose).