Thursday, April 22, 2010

In the Neighborhood, and Beyond

On a walk close to home, I saw a shrub ( azalea, maybe?) covered in these great pods. It was as lovely to me as if it were covered in fresh blossoms:



Also close to home (from our front porch!) is, of course, stately Mt. Si.  She has so many moods!  Or I should say, Mother Nature imposes her many moods on the face of the mountain.  A storm a few days ago swirled around my view and I thought it just might be the last I would see of new snow in the crevices:


I was right!  Not long after, the gloom set in. I was amazed to see half the mountain getting rained-upon, and the other, well - not yet wet.  Right in the middle, directing rainstorm traffic - a rainbow!  I was amazed that I got my camera in time, and that the color even showed, I had to literally, grab, point, and shoot before the scened disappeared into the ominous storm.  Eerie Halloween clouds made the trees glow:


On a brighter note, here is Mt. Baker as seen from the Canadian side.
This had to be taken from behind the windshield, and quickly; roadside trees
were thickening as we drove fast, and soon obliterated the view:

2 comments:

pat said...

Great drive-by shot of Mt. Baker! Hard to do in the car, and it turned out nicely. Really like the shot of the rainbow, and how fun that it comes down right under the Indian's chin!! The cloud shot is really nice; you have the best side of Si, I think.

Lynda said...

Can you believe we actually LIVE in a place so beautiful?! I love the rainbow picture; they are hard to get, and yet all the colors are here.