Friday, April 23, 2010

VANCOUVER B.C. TEMPLE OPEN HOUSE

Our first impression of the new temple in Vancouver, B.C. was "Oh so small!"
Next impression was the bright-whiteness of the exterior.
This was especially striking because the sky was also bright white.  My eyes watered the whole time I took photos, and I couldn't really tell if I was getting what I wanted.


Imagine my surprise when I down-loaded these pics and saw a bonafide blue sky.  I was not using a polarizing filter.

I was trying to get angles and shadows, but I couldn't tell if I was successful because of the brightness of the temple exterior.







This does not show much of the temple, but I wanted to show the proximity
to the Canadian North Cascades
I had to get down low on the ground for this photo.
 I was in a very uncomfortable (and unbecoming!) position, waiting for a break in car traffic
and pedestrians passing between the tulip garden and the temple.
This is a sweet, sweet temple; a gem of the Pacific Northwest!





2 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh! I love the last picture with the tulips in the foreground - definitely worth the posture required to take it. So beautiful. You always capture angles and create the most captivating images with the shadows and light they create. Bravo! (Lynda)

pat said...

Yes--that last shot was worth whatever position you had to get into! Lovely with the tulips in the foreground. How fortunate with the blue blue sky to offset that glorious white temple. Really like the angle play you have going on in the other photos. Very nice!!