Thursday, March 18, 2010

PICTURE THIS... You're gonna' have to!

No, this is not a photo of a blue sky, though here in the beautiful Pacific NW, we know it is worthy of a picture.  This is a photo op, lost.  Two nights ago, D and I drove out a near-by country road to visit a friend.  Just as we were leaving home, something said to me, "Grab your camera!"  I answered back, "Nah...it is almost dusk; I won't need it." 
Well, as we crossed the river a 2nd time, what should we see but a very large bull elk and 6 lovely does, standing still right in the middle of the river.  They were not crossing; they were simply standing there with the river rushing  by, swishing their bellies.  It was indeed, a picture-perfect moment, with the mountain in the background; a unique viewing of the usually-out-to-wild-meadow-elk.
This then, is titled "Photo Lost"
or
"Lesson Learned!"
or
"Always take your Camera!"

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Oh man do I know that feeling!! Too many photo opportunities lost, you'd think I'd learn and just carry that thing wherever I go...

Brett