Wednesday, March 24, 2010

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

While picking up a friend just before dusk last evening, I couldn't help but spot this huge barn on the back of their property.  The first thing out of my mouth, even before saying a courteous "hello", was 'Oh! May I come back and photograph your barn? Please?"
Permission granted, I was there mid-morning today. I felt an urgency; as if I needed to be there
before the door fell off!


What is keeping that door attached?  Upon closer inspection, it was still hard to tell. 
This looked like the muzzle of a wizened old dog with a loose tooth:


The wood has aged into different colors on every side.  Was it red when it was new?

So, why do I have photos of only frustratingly cropped parts of the barn?
I call it "selective standing".  These pics are not cropped (nor enhanced) at all.  I had to shoot while positioning myself to keep the bright yellow tractors and farm machinery out of the frames.
They were hugging the barn on all sides.
Thank you, dear friend.  And...oh!...uh... "good-bye!"

4 comments:

pat said...

Oh yes--that WAS worth the drive down! Hope it wasn't too muddy. I do like your selective standing method of pre-exposure cropping. ;-) Cool barn!!

Lynda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynda said...

I always look forward to your barn pictures. I don't know how you seem to find more barns than are actually out there... none can hide from you!!

Brett

Lynda said...

I love your description of the old dog with a tooth falling out - how apt! What does keep that door up? Lucky you, to capture it before it falls!