Wednesday, March 10, 2010

GERIATRIC PUSSYWILLOW ?

 It was one of those "Turn around!" moments, except I said it outloud to myself!  The late afternoon sun was bright, and seemed to be stuck in the willow brambles; each spent pussywillow was aglow as if from the inside.


I have never noticed a "spent" pussywillow before.  I love them as new little soft grey buds, but past that I have not paid attention until the willow tree is dripping with long green fingerlings.


And what is that little pod at the base of the "bud"?  Surely it can't be the
protective casing from which the pussywillow first emerged?











4 comments:

pat said...

Really like the backlighting on these! Nice work. I think the blown pussywillows are really wonderful, too. Aren't these lovely against the blue sky?

Joanne said...

Thanks for sharing. I love the way you can capture things I just look past. That is a true talent.

Lynda said...

It is so good to see you posting again! It makes us so very happy!

These are exquisite photos - the backlighting on the pussy willows has highlighted every detail, and made the effect quite magical.

I love the name of your post, and your exquisite writing, too. You have been missed! (Love you! Lynda)

Lynda said...

I love the way sunlight when angled just right get set things "aglow"! I especially love how YOU capture this beautiful moment in YOUR way.

So glad to see some bonafide, talented, good ole SOOC pictures from a real artist!

Love you,

Brett