Monday, February 10, 2014

FROZEN !

Just like the lyrics from one of the songs from the movie, "Frozen",
Snoqualmie Falls is "Beautiful, Powerful, Dangerous".
Even when ice reduces it to less than half its width, it is all of those things.

These photos were taken from the viewpoint at the top of the Falls just a couple of days ago: 






This slope attracted my attention, with the dead-fall tree  "frozen in time".  This is not fresh snow; it is ice:

As did this trio of ice-encased bushes, varying in size and brightness from my perspective and with my choice of settings:



These berries reminded me of salmon eggs:


And I made this photo literally on the brink above the Falls:


Because of the "angel dust" frozen fall-out, the photo I made of these weeds looks like I added a special effect.  Nope.  But I like the way it has the look of a watercolor:

No comments: