Saturday, April 13, 2013

TULIP TIME!

 I forget to begin with the last post in a series, so that the introduction will print first.
Ah well, the explanation comes now at the end of 3 Tulip posts, here.
Another brook of grape hyacinth rushes between rank and file of colors:


Some varieties have this eye-catching stripe on the leaves:

These 3 are some variety of "Parrot" tulip; 
almost more fetching to me than the bright ones. 
I love the antique, flirtatious Victorian look:



This patch definitely has the giggles:







At the end of our tulip adventures, we had lunch in a waterfront
cafe at a little fishing town:

2 comments:

pat said...

Trying again....

LOVE the window shot! Good on your for spotting that AND catching it.

Lynda said...

How exquisitely beautiful! The Parrot tulips have always been my favorite. I've never been to the tulip festival, and have always longed to go. Now, I am aching for it! The plantings are exquisite. Love the "giggles" picture.