Tuesday, April 9, 2013

IN THE ROUGH

As stunning as the commercial gardens are at the Skagit Valley Tulip Fest,
I much prefer to discover a photo op of my own, where the floral layout is not contrived.
Forsythia and an aging fence caught my eye for sure:



These camellias looked luscious enough to pour into a glass to drink: 


More random au natural finds:



My most favorite "find" as a result of farm-road rambling was this old barn.
Aging turned the siding the same color gold as the surrounding fields of daffodils, and I couldn't
resist trespassing just a tiny bit.
(I still do not enhance or saturate the color in my photos,
this is exactly how that old barn looks!)

I couldn't decide which view I liked best,
so I post all three:


I can't be in farm country without capturing a relic:

1 comment:

pat said...

Love the barns (especially the last one against the mountain backdrop) and the fence, but LOVE the shot of the pink-flowering shrub against the side of the building. And, the red building behind the yellow blooms is a great background.