Tuesday, April 9, 2013

DIZZY OVER DAFFODILS

Early spring in the Skagit Valley north of here means bulb flowers are bursting out
all over.  They call it the "Tulip Festival", but a sunny day and the fact that my husband prefers daffodils
to tulips meant we went up there about a week ahead of thousands of Tip-Toe-ers.
First glance showed promise, and this sight was at every farm road turn:

Knee-deep in smiles:


There were only a couple of small fields of the earliest of tulips.
I loved this non-conformist!






2 comments:

pat said...

Acres of sunshine! I could almost smell the hyacinths, too. Really like the last shot of the assorted varieties of daffies. What a gorgeous day you had!

Lynda said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I feel so lacking in my continuous expressions of Wow! Gorgeous! Exquisite! I simply fail at coming up with more clever responses. I'm so glad that you went for both the daffodils AND the tulips. You always make everything so magical. I particularly love the shots from far off, and the impression of seas of flowers, and for some reason, I was really drawn to the rough fence pics with the flowers showing through the rungs. You are a master - I don't even know how to make a comment that can do your work justice.