Tuesday, November 6, 2012

FRESHETS

After I had enjoyed the exhilarating Autumn air all to myself, I decided
to call Pat to see if she was up to a spontaneous ramble.
We headed up to the Olallee Forest area not far away.
For too long, our woods have been so dry, but with the onset 
of rain recently, the forest floor is reconstituted and dry stream beds have become freshets: 


 I love that nature is back to normal in the woods!
I am also upset that my best waterfall photos will only post
sideways here on this blog!  Most waterfalls are, after all,
more vertical than horizontal.
I really wish I could post the other shots!

 I drove further up the dirt road, and suddenly the road ahead
was canopied in pale green.
Everything up to this point was dark and damp and lush,
but here was a scene that really
looked more like a pastel colored pencil rendering:
(Again, the better perspective of this is a vertical photo.)

Late un-bloomer:

There were more freshets before we turned around:


No comments: