Saturday, October 29, 2011

WEATHERED WOODS

I could lose all track of time in the back streets of a little old town, if I have my camera.
Pat and I were so alone in Roslyn, we could hardly find a place for a cup of
hot chocolate.
But it was easy to stroll a block or two off of main street to find these treasures.

I love not only the geometry here, but how each board has aged to a different shade:


The same structure:

This is someone's back porch.  Hmmmm....

Aged doors never disappoint: 



But in all my rambles, I have never seen anything like this, just left outside!
I thought of naming it "Dirty Drawers", but I have too much respect for this charming piece.
I can imagine its use, perhaps behind the counter of an old wood-floored store.
I can also imagine putting it to use in our own home, had I been here when it was first tossed out back; before it got warped and ruined!



A lone window, as actually reflected in aonther window across the street,
so this is taken through glass:

Shades of New England:

This looks like a Hollywood set, but it is just a side street of Roslyn:


After visiting Roslyn, we headed up the mountain road, so there is more to come.

2 comments:

pat said...

You saw things I missed---like that wonderful porch and barrels! And, I noticed the church through the trees, but I didn't see it with the New England slant that you did.... Nice photos!

MaryLou said...

I am having a wonderful time, tucked in your back pocket...or maybe I should say camera bag, experiencing your adventures in Roslyn. Where was everyone? Are you ever afraid someone will come out while you are taking a picture? I LOVED someone's back porch! The way you capture the textures in the woods is wonderful, and I also love the "dirty drawers." What a shame to toss out such a piece!

Carry on. I am looking forward to more!