Thursday, October 27, 2011

COLORFUL! HISTORY AND EXTERIORS

This is the 2nd post for the Autumn Day Ramble with Pat.
Here in Roslyn, we were completely alone as we walked main street.
The buildings are historically original.  We loved this one-block-long huge building, but there was no indication of its purpose.
These windows were on the street level:


And these were bordering the length of the building, up under the eves.
I took many different angles of them.
This place looks quite well-suited for a Halloween party:



Yes, Roslyn has a colorful past, including reknown robbers successfully
getting the bank funds and numerous payrolls at gunpoint.
But nature was colorful that day too.
I really like the weathered wood and brick as the background to these leaves:

From happy experiences, I know that walking the alleys and back streets of a little old town can be rewarding.

Who needs curtains?

There was no explanation for this building either, but the door was certainly rich:

A secret entrance?
 

This was the reddest barn we have ever seen. 
It wasn't so garrish when reflected in a mud puddle:
The day was only just beginning.  Other posts will follow soon.

3 comments:

pat said...

These are great---and you have totally posted a bunch that I was going to post. Ah well, I shall post them anyway. I love how we see things at different angles...

Nikki Cherry said...

Love the fall colors! they are my favorite. I'm lovin' watching the changes happen here. It just happens way too fast, i wish the colors would stay longer.

MaryLou said...

How can one choose a favorite when they are all magnificent? But maybe my two might be the hidden window behind the ivy "Who needs curtains?" and the bottles in the window. The autumn colors and the man-made pops of color are amazing!