Wednesday, October 12, 2011

THE GARDEN GATE

The fresh air was lovely.  My town was lovely.
I was getting into the "Visit my Village" ramble!
And I discovered this front gate,
which was too lovely to post just one view.
I had to linger.  I hardly took more than 3 steps in any direction to capture
the romantic mood of this enticing entrance.
Secret Garden, anyone?

 Summer flowers are dying, but that seems to add to the charm of the weathered gate:



 No macro lens, but I wanted to remember the myriad of
clematis seed pods smothering the arch of the gate:

2 comments:

MaryLou said...

I want this to be in my front yard - fence, gate, flowers and all!So beautiful and so serene. I believe my favorites are the first and last pictures - the clematis seed pods.

You have such a knack for inviting the viewer right into your pictures! Just loved it!

MaryLou said...

It is I again - the other ML. I just wanted you to know that I have missed you this week as you have been visiting your friend! I know you are having a wonderful time, and I am sure we will see many more amazing pictures on your blog from this trip. Much love!