Wednesday, October 12, 2011

FRUSTRATED PEEPER

This time every year, D and I take an extended trip to someplace in North America to enjoy our favorite season and see how its glory is manifest in different locales.
We choose to drive back roads; the fewer road markings, the better to "Discover America!"
We stayed home this Autumn, and I got pneumonia.
Today was my 1st day to break free from being a "shut in", and I fled out!
Well, I only went to our post office box - big deal.  I decided to take my camera and
pretend that my own little town is backroads "somewhere", as if it were new to me.
So, I rambled and yes, lost track of time practically in my own front yard.

I wonder where this gate originally led; now, it stands alone barely visible in the overgrown forest:


Is this tree "changing" by halves?  I will have to check it again later:

  Local school administrative center; originally the first school:

It has been raining and windy, so this is what happens to already-changed leaves. 
The trees don't get to enjoy showing off their Autumn Fest ball gowns;
scraps of "fabric" are everywhere:

Looking straight up, doing a little peeping: 

A charming porch,
 And a charming window.  Just like what I look for in someone else's village:

Closer to home:
 Railroad tressle through the not-yet-changed leaves:


This is un-enhanced green of the underbelly of the RR tressle.
It looks phony!
Natural greens show in the ground cover:

And so does the moss on the bridge and trees, but this is not digitally saturated; it is natural:



I am definitely coming back here to keep tabs on these trees in the background.
If they turn orange, such a better picture this will be!

Here is an alternate route to walking the tracks:

2 comments:

pat said...

Well, Snoq. certainly had a lot to offer you today! I see that you went to our favorite little spot...looks like there was at least a little color on offer, even if it was on the ground!

MaryLou said...

My, my, you certainly find beauty everywhere ML! And I see how your love of gates came through. You truly live in one of God's masterpieces! Keep us informed with what happens with the two-toned tree!

Two favs: "Scraps of fabric" on ground and the RR tracks!