Thursday, February 24, 2011

MORE SNOW OVERNIGHT!

I was the first one "out there" this morning!  More snow fell overnight, it was 22 degrees, and I wanted a solo tromp more than I wanted breakfast!  I drove fairly close to home on back roads - pristine, and hub-cap deep in unbroken snow.
In the early light, the lamp posts of nearby farms and estates were charming:




Barn berm:

Brambles and barn and a peak of Mt. Si:

This would be a mighty cold seat!

 Natural "black and white" scenes are catching my eye lately:

And then, there's contrast!  This is actually one of my favorite North Bend barns, which is also featured in a barn book I have made.  I haven't ever seen it this way though:

 

I ended my outing discovering this serene farm, ermine-white in every aspect:

2 comments:

Lynda said...

These are all quite beautiful, but I particularly like the barn with Mt. Si in the background. It is literally perfect!

pat said...

I should've known that you were out barn hunting! I really like all the lights, too. You found some treasures.