Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I... JUST... KNEW IT!

In my snow-loving-soul, I could feel that we had yet another winter storm to come.  Even when the sun brightened a clear, icy-blue sky earlier in the week, I had strong feelings of the "next one" on the way.
Yes!  The photos here are when the snow just barely started to fall.  Snowfall was not the reason for the pics, but rather the elk.  A faction of the North Bend herd came closer to us than ever, shown here in the pasture across the street from us. They look filmy and out of focus because it was snowing pretty hard.
Camara-shy?

 Hunkering down, this big one looked more like a llama:

I think I now know how to rectify the turning-upon-posting problem I have had.  But I can't start fixing it with photos I took prior to this afternoon.  This one (and better ones I really want to post, but which are too  distorted by Blogger) is turned: 



Snow fell more furiously as I was out for errands, so I stopped at the local RR graveyard to see what I could see.  I call all the rest of these, " Natural Black and White" strictly because of the contrast between Things Railroad and the Snow:





I hope this is the very last photo that will be turned sideways.  At least this one did not get distorted in the process:


2 comments:

Lynda said...

I have never seen elk here, and would love to! I am so glad you were able to capture these magical shots. I love the "natural" black and whites, they remind me of the "architectural" pictures you used to take (and I miss). They set the imagination on fire. My favorite is the last picture, and I'm frustrated with you that it won't get the proper orientation. . . . It is so great to have you posting again!

pat said...

Bah--humbug! I would've used a gun, but we've discussed that. It was nice of the ladies to cooperate and let you photograph them, even if you did get several lovely backsides. Really like the icy rose hips (is that right?) even if it is turned. And your "natural black and white" shots are really interesting. Nice!!