Tuesday, February 8, 2011

MICRO WEATHER PATTERNS

This afternoon my photo buddy, P, called to say, "Let's go to Rattlesnake Lake while the sun at last is shining!"  "Uh...it's raining", said I.  "But I see nothing but blue, blue sky all around."  P lives just 10 minutes away...around the flank of the mountain.   But if there was a chance for a window of sunshine, who was I to stay home?  Yes, we went, and yes it rained, it sunned, it clouded - within yards of each other as we walked the edge of the lake.
Looking up I saw clouds.  Looking down, into the puddles, there was a hint of blue:


What looks like a shallow, rocky place in the lake is actually a reflection of Rattlesnake Peak:


Gander guarded the lake edge with puffed-up authority:


Once again we practiced waterfalls. I am still very upset with Blogger that my vertical shots get turned to horizontal right before I transfer them here.  They were my best 2 waterfall shots, but got distorted in the turning, so I can't use them.

With this cascade I am looking downward:


We were teased with "almost sun" on our outing, but Lo!
Later this evening, back at home, Mt. Si looked like this, slashed by the sunset, from our front porch:


2 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh, WOW! I love Mt. Si - it almost looks like you painted the mountain and the sky. That picture is worth submitting to a local calendar site.

I also particularly like the picture with the Rattlesnake Mountain reflection. And the guarding Gander gives me quite a big smile.

I love the cascade shot, as well. So sorry about your vertical picture problems with blogger. I wonder what the problem is; wish I was sitting next to you to take a peek.

It's great seeing your beautiful pictures again.

pat said...

OH!!!! That Mt. Si shot is stunning! I still say you live on the prettiest side of the mountain AND you get the best light. Gorgeous.

Gus looks very regal, almost as if he were posing for a royal portrait. Looks rather haughty, doesn't he?

Sorry about the problem with the photos. So so frustrating!! Your reflections, though, are wonderful.