Tuesday, June 10, 2014

THEIR MAJESTIES

At the village of Index, the mountains become more visible where the corridor of old growth forests opens up a bit:



I tried a different lens filter on this shot because of the bright sun.
The other mountain photos I made are without the filter, and I like them better, but oh well, this is the only one I made of this view.  I will learn.




Shallows under the RR trestle were as green as the powerful depths:

At Index and beyond, this part of the Cascades really resembles the Alps, with signature
high green valleys.  These "hills are alive"!

1 comment:

pat said...

"Alive", huh? The music was the sound of rushing water as the river ran by... Great shots. I will be doing a rocks-through-the-water abstract another day. We did have basically the same shots; but then, there were only a few good vantage points.