Tuesday, June 10, 2014

HIGH IN THE SKY PERSONALITIES

A favorite professional photographer of mine and Pat's (one of the reasons we make a pilgrimage to Michigan) has a philosophy of "Clouds are our friends."
What person with a camera would not agree?  Clouds give character (and shade) to landscape pictures. 
A couple of days ago I had to make a distasteful errand, so I sweetened the prospect first by heading up to Rattlesnake Lake on my way; also because the clouds looked wonderful.
The lake was nothing spectacular, but the clouds did not disappoint:



Always good for a chuckle is this sign, obviously early in the season before the boat ramp is visible. 
Still, I loved the reflected colors in the water, from my friends, the clouds:




Rattlesnake Ledge, with the Locals out for morning exercise:



And a little adolescent sibling rivalry:


I was again rewarded at the end of my errand.  I was getting into my car.  The clouds were fat and happy white puffs in a blue sky, except for what I saw straight ahead from the driver's seat.
Of course, I had to get out with my camera!  

1 comment:

pat said...

Nice to see the armada is out in full force! I love the panoramic shot, ML. Stunning--those "friends" make the photo, as T&B always say. I am going to have to get myself out there early some morning after seeing these. I laugh every year at the "no parking" sign. One of my favorite shots.