Monday, September 24, 2012

SEEING RED

The 2nd time out with my new camera (see previous post) I again left my Nikon at home so I 
wouldn't be tempted to use the familiar.  I went to visit a friend - a driving trip that usually takes just under 2 hours.  I chose to ramble unmarked roads, and arrived at her place 4.5 hours later!  I noticed that every time I stopped for an architectural shot, the subject was red!
But beyond that, I was seeing red at my lack of ability in focusing this new camera; I have some steps to learn: 







Yes, I stepped inside the above barn, and yes, I frightened some creatures who took flight.
If only windows could tell some stories!

Back at home, I thought I would practice on our "last rose of summer", coincidentally, red:

2 comments:

Nikki Cherry said...

Who doesn't love barns, especially RED barns. :) The rose sure pops of the page and is so crisp. I really like the composition of the rose.

Lynda said...

I love the rose picture. Hasn't it been a gorgeous Indian Summer? You continue to make barns interesting - quite a feat!