Monday, September 24, 2012

A SEARCH FOR EARLY AUTUMN

After doing a lot of hiking in Southern Utah late last spring, and in Michigan this past summer, I made an important but emotional decision: leave the Big Gun Nikon and lenses behind on certain outings.  I researched and decided upon a handy, mid-sized new camera that would pack more easily for air travel, and be lighter-weight for long hikes.  I purchased the Fuji X-S1.  
This was my very first photo, the waning seed pods of our clematis:

I forced myself to leave my Nikon at home rather than "just take it in the car" while I went on a ramble to experiment with my new camera.  Yes, I headed for the hills (my favorite place!) to see if I could find signs of Fall.
I think this dried weed head might be a Cowslip because of its immense size, but
I am not sure:


A little color, but not much:

Deeper in the woods, there is only moss:

I was taken aback by this moss-covered dead tree, looking like a rooster;
a natural topiary.  This was on a curvy logging road:



It will be a challenge to get the effect I like with waterfalls.  I have
far to go to learn this camera!




My favorite kind of ramble is on roads like this!

Water pump in a very remote, closed-down picnic area has a fetching patina:

Even with very little color, the greens seem to be saying, "I'm important too!"

Funny thing, these colors caught my attention, and I found them on our very own street, back home
from my ramble!


1 comment:

Lynda said...

Congrats on the new camera! I still love your close ups best, so really like the first three, especially with the backlight through the leaves.