Sunday, April 3, 2011

SOGGY BUDS

If I can't beat 'em, I will join 'em!
Still raining; new buds still drenched.
I got wet while trying to see what I could see in our cherry tree budlettes, but if I waited...

This one looks like some sort of embryo, the way the rain drop encases it.  No refraction, but the bud casing is enclosed.  These buds are no larger than the head of a map pin:



Since the droplette is so small, it is hard to see that the refraction is actually of Mt. Si:
 Bell clapper  "under glass":

2 comments:

pat said...

It must not be raining as steadily and persistently at your house as it is at mine. There is no way I could get my camera out in our rain. Do love your drops. Will you miss all the blooms whilst in St. Sunny George?

Lynda said...

Wow! The first picture is so aptly named as a bud in embryo. I would love to see some of these pictures, bound beautifully in a book, with your poetry written beside each one. I can only imagine what you would write for this embryo picture, and the "weeping heart" picture on the bottom. So exquisite!