Friday, April 1, 2011

GRASPING AT STRAWS

March came in, not just like a lion, but a lion, a badger, and a crocodile! 
It went out like a whole pride of lions, a colony of badgers and a bask of crocs - all fighting!
Desperate to find a blooming thing amidst the soggy surroundings, I drove out and about, close to home.
No green buds, even next to a barn, which is where they usually first evidence themselves.


The river caught my attention with this pure aqua color.  It must have been something in the atmosphere because it was raining, and so dull everywhere else.  This color is unusual here; we have seen it only in the Canadian Rockies:

Daffodils are up!  No, wait. They are down...weighted by rain, their heads are all drooping:

To find color, I resorted to going inside!


2 comments:

pat said...

I recognize those stacks of color! ;-) I am as desperate as you for some color, blooms, dryness and warmth!!! Love the river shot---is that off Reinig?

Lynda said...

I love the aqua river - what a perfect moment!

What a difference a little tilt makes for the stacks of color;so charming!