Monday, August 16, 2010

INTO THE SUNSET

Even though I photographed a bud, below, Dear D's prize clematis is on its way out.  He takes tender care from the first miniscule shoots in late spring, assisting each new tendril to find its climbing place on the trellis.  I know I take the same photos every year, but I do so just like I take family pics, because we find joy in the growth.


These were all taken within moments, trying different settings.


Most of the blossoms look like this; spent and petal-less, but we still love the delicate remains.

On a drive the other night, I uttered the familiar cry of a novice photographer: "Stop!"
These hollyhocks were worshipping the setting sun, and they simply glowed, even from a distance, with the back light.

A couple of creatures (bee and ant) were tucking in for the night:



1 comment:

Lynda said...

Hands down, these "micro macro" photos of yours are always my favorites. You have a way with lighting and composition that transforms the most ordinary (even a spent flower) into something magical and translucent.

I really love the hollyhock with the bee. I also loved the bees from several postings earlier. Perhaps you could start a bee book?

What I really love about your photos is what they say about how YOU see things. I've really come to recognize the photographer's eye in various pics I see over the last year or so. You can see when the photographer is passionate about their subject, or simply making a recording. You have a gift for seeing the beautiful and magical in everything, and it translates through your lens, presenting a gift of color and light that goes far beyond what the eye records. (Lynda)