Tuesday, June 10, 2008

REWARDS!

The last of my involvements is over with the end of the school choir concert tonight! And to my total surprise, each of the 3 choirs honored me with huge (table-top-sized) "thank you" cards and flowers. I had an overwhelming amount of music to learn in order to accompany all 3 choirs. They said some nice things about me. Here is one of the bouquets, safely back home:
The kids did better than their best rehearsals and we did have a lot of fun performing. One glitch for me (no one ever knows these things about what an accompanist deals with - not even the conductors!) is when the house lights were turned off I could no longer read my music! After the 1st number I HAD to do something, so I got up to scoot the piano forward into some light. It was a grand piano on wheels, so it moved easily. Well, for the rest of the concert I had one half of my music in total darkness and the other side in blaring light!

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Congratulations! What a blessing you are to so many . . . and how fortunate WE are that we are related! Thank you for your wonderful example of loving service. No wonder you received beautiful flowers and "table-top" size cards! We love you!

♥ Amy said...

Good for you! I play piano, so I can imagine the frustration. Love how you set the bouquet on your piano for these shots. Very pretty!