Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow Day!

A change in the weather? "To the Falls!" is our battle cry; our 'weapons': cameras. Once at Snoqualmie Falls with Pat, I found myself more interested in what effects the Falls' own weather had on the little things close-by. I love this miniscule ice drop for two reasons: it looks like a sconce because of how the limb tip is curved around it, and it catches a little color as the sun tries to come out. I think it cannot be called an icicle because it was about 1/2 " long.

Same thing here, below. The shape of the ice drop depends on what was supporting the water in the first place.
And I found a smile of beauty in what is usually snubbed around here: lichen.
Thought I had better uncrink my neck and look up and around for awhile...we were at the Falls, after all! This is the RR tressle to the south of the Falls, across the river.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

ML these are wonderful-glad you got to share in the whiteness that we are getting in the northeast! Especially fond of the last image-frosty and picturesque! Oh and thanks for all your encouraging comments on two peas-I really appreciate it!
Trace(twazd)

pat said...

Oh, nice nice nice!! Love the lichen shot (I'm likin' the lichen, hee hee). Good details here.

Angela2932 said...

Wow! These photos blow me away! What beauty! You have quite the eye for photography! I'm so going to be checking your blog everyday!

Tori said...

The first one is very cool! And I love the last one... it reminds me of a painting!

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

ML these are so fabulous! I also love your new banner!

Unknown said...

So much detail in all of these! Love them.