Friday, January 9, 2015

SHORT LOCAL RAMBLE

I am starting the new year with a resolve to keep my photo post updated.  Of course, this has a lot to do with the fact that, after recovering sufficiently, I now feel more steady on my feet; enough to tramp where tramping is needed to make a photo.
I begin with an area very close to our new home and one which has captured my curiosity
for a long time.

The historic mill; remnants of what was the mill town of Snoqualmie Falls before 
it became plain Snoqualmie.
The tip of Mill Pond, which is a common photo place for me
is on the left; a totally different perspective:



I girded up and entered a private area and stopped at an office
to ask permission to photograph.
I could do so, but only from a great distance.  The property is
now being used for a different business.
Some day I am going to return and try to talk to someone who
will actually allow me to get much closer; the old bricks and metals
and history need to be felt and photographed with a more personal touch!











I am itching to get closer to some of these original outbuildings which are somehow still surviving in their original state. (But of course, not original condition.)



I am really intent on catching this post up to date.  Well, the above are fresh photos.  I might have to
do a separate blog altogether for my fall trip to Michigan, but others more recent ones I will 
put here and will show above this one.  My goal for the next 3 days!

4 comments:

Michele Johnson said...

Oh, yeah! I'm glad you will be posting more on your blog. I love to see the magic you can work with your camera.

There are some steps remaining from the old mill town school between your house and mine. Have you seen them along the road? I think they are such a treasure and not too many people know they are there.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful patina these buildings have. They would provide a wonderful backdrop for wedding pics, etc. You are always so good at finding the treasures that are unseen and invisible to the rest of us flying by. You always capture the spirit of a place and make me want to find out about the people who spent so much of their time there. I'm so glad you are back to doing what you love!

pat said...

nice to see you up again. Really like the last shot--the geometry and the color changes make this a wonderfully abstract shot.

MaryLou said...

Love that you are back, doing what you love most - capturing unbelievable shots that most of us would never see - and then posting them with such descriptive words! I love living these experiences through your camera eyes!