Sunday, January 11, 2015

MICHIGAN AUTUMN

We made our dream come true!  Pat and I have traveled to western Michigan two 
different summers, and while hiking have voiced how spectacular it would
all be in the Fall.
This last October we did it!
And everything was more stunning than even our anticipations.


We hiked and hiked, along small lakes and into the woods.
I look at my photos now, and I can hardly believe we were there.
I do NOT color-enhance any of my photos, and I am
so glad I have them or perhaps I wouldn't even believe it myself that everything was perfect.




With Fall sometimes comes fog.  And it did, for us.
I loved the reeds reflected in mist-topped lake edges: 


When hiking, always look more than straight ahead!
Look up:

Look down:

Stop, and reflect:

Besides hiking, we drove any farm road that beckoned:







We have been here before, but not at the season of rattling corn stalks, pumpkin patches,
and asparagus crops:




And milkweed seeds exploding into the wind:

Nor have I seen the Ludington Light in fog, with drift fences in place
against the winter storms: 



The Ritual of Return:  You bet!

3 comments:

MaryLou said...

Oh, my, that third picture of the lake with the autumn colored trees was breathtaking! And I know that you do NOT enhance your pics at all. All of these are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing them once again!

pat said...

Sigh......

heidster said...

I would have liked some of these in my canvas potential portfolio. Oh, well, I did end up choosing one for your trip anyway! My,my those fall colors are exquisite.